If asked if it was better to automate processes rather than perform them manually, most would respond with a resounding, “Yes!”
Robotic Process Automation enables organizations to use software robots to complete repetitive, time-consuming work to significantly increase productivity, improve quality and decrease the need for re-work—also usually resulting in improved customer satisfaction.
Additionally, it can provide a retention and employee engagement benefit by freeing up your employees from this sometimes less than satisfying work, and enabling them to focus their time on higher-level, customer-facing and value-added work, further developing their skills and experience.
So now that you’ve decided automation is a good idea, where do you start? What are the types of processes that can be automated?
Here’s a categorized list of 25 examples to get you started:
- Client profile updates
- Generating renewal premiums
- Claims processing
- Underwriting processes
- Policy administration and servicing
- Requests for overdraft protection
- Exception processing (overrides for high-value customers or low-risk transactions)
- Statement reconciliation
- Credit card applications
- Dispute resolution
- Patient registration
- Provider credential verification
- Member eligibility and billing
- W4 management
- Benefits administration
- System access and setup
- Compliance reporting
- Change of address processing (can be on multiple systems)
- Fraudulent account closing
- Customer complaints processing
- Data cleansing
- Straight-through processing of customer orders
- Order updates
- Shipping notifications
Robotic Process Automation is well suited for processes that are clearly defined, repeatable and rules based. Based on these criteria, it can help organizations across numerous industries automate the completion of a wide variety of tasks. Learn more and consider how you can get started to help you realize the benefits of robotic process automation today.